Thursday, March 26, 2009

Student of the Month


We just came back from the Middle School where Liz was honored as one of Team Unities "Student of the Month". The key word for the students this month is Determination. The team teachers had wonderful things to say about Elizabeth and it was good for her to get out. We could not stay because the home care nurse is coming out at 8:30 am to access her port and draw blood for testing to see if we can continue on in the Interim Phase I protocol.

Please pray that we can move forward and not delayed any longer. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the cells have been destroyed into undetectable sizes. This is why the protocol is 2 to 2.5 years long and this is why the delays scare me. I just wonder what type of party the cancer cells are having inside her while the chemo is on hold. Are they gathering and new cells being created? Will she slip out of remission? How much work has she and her team of doctors done that is being undone during this delay? It is proven that if treatment were to stop now, her cancer would reappear. I know God is in control and I trust him with everything but sometimes it is hard to drop all your worries at the foot of the cross. Please pray that I can do this because worries like these are unproductive.

I will post again today to let you know if we are a go. I have positive thoughts on this and I believe we will be a go.

Pray for:
Worries to ease.
Cold to go away.
Counts to go up.
Minimal side effects.
No Party inside her body.

Blessings,
Christine

No comments: